UNFUSE serves as a platform to create a global community of architects and designers who are pushing the boundaries of architecture discipline to enrich our built environment. At UNFUSE we promote exceptional works, ideas, experimentations in the field of architecture, landscape, urban Design, society, culture and ecology.
We invest over 1000 hours to bring our ideas on paper, to create something extraordinary that can change the kind of built environment we want around us, and make a better world. These ideas are the foundation to new possibilities that has the ability to take architecture ahead, not just for the academia they belong to, but the whole fraternity with it.
UNFUSE International Architecture Thesis Award (UnIATA 2018) is a step taken to identify and promote such exceptional projects across the globe. UnIATA will focus on the graduate and undergraduate projects happened in last 3 years and will present it to the right jurors. UNFUSE will acknowledge outstanding thesis and will promote it at a global scale through our online platform, media partners, social channels, and also in the form of a book presenting the best architectural thesis designs across the globe.
1. UnIATA is open to people of all nationalities in the field of Architecture, Landscape and Urban Design. There is no entry fee for the award submission.
2. All the graduate/masters and undergraduate/bachelors projects completed in the calendar year 2015, 2016, and 2017 are eligible to take part in UnIATA 2018.
3. Participation in the competition is free, however each participant will have to register on our platform at UNI to submit their entries separately.
4. Group as well as Individual entries are allowed, in such a case all the participants will have to register on our platform.
5. Employees of UNI/Jury member/Curator/ organizing panel or anyone who is in direct/close relation to them are barred from receiving any cash prize money. However, they can enter into the UnIATA to submit their entries. Such entries if found are worthy will be displayed under the shortlisted categories.
Public announcement of
Launch of UnIATA 2018 and a chance to showcase your great ideas to rest of the world.
All the graduate and undergraduate projects in the field of architecture, landscape and urbanism completed in the calendar year 2015, 2016, and 2017 are eligible to take part in UnIATA 2018
Platform opens for registration and submission of entries
15 OCTOBER '17
Our platform opens for registration and submission of entries.
Submission opens for all typology, scale and style of the projects. Submission will consist cover image, explanatory images, media contents and FAQs of the project.
Deadline for the submission of entries
15 JANUARY '18
Deadline for the submission of entries. Participants can edit their entries and can add more additional FAQs to interact publicly and make their idea reach to masses.
Public voting will begin upon the submission of entries from 16th of January on our platform UNI
Public Voting Closes
15 APRIL '18
Last date of public voting for the entries. Entries will be evaluated based on the votes and relevance scores generated by 15 April '18.
Top 10 entries with maximum relevance score will be shortlisted for the finals round.
Announcement of shortlisted entries
15 MAY '18
The evaluation of the project will be independent from the typology/scale/style of the project unless mentioned otherwise.
Jurors will look upon the depth of research, quality of design of the project and other general criteria of evaluation e.g. Concept, Design process, Creativity, Functionality, Aesthetics, Innovation etc.
20 Best graduate 20 Best undergraduate projects will be shortlisted for the final round.
Winners will be revealed at Unconference '18
PRIZES & REWARDS
Mark Hemel, Co-Founder & Director,
Information Based Architecture
Senior Design Partner
Ateliers Jean Nouvel.
Hiroko Kusunoki, Director
Nicolas Moreau, Director